Credit Unions: RPA Implementation Strategy
Established in 1930, client is one of the largest credit unions in Illinois with over 100,000 members and more than $1.2 billion in assets. Client offers a complete array of products and services, including checking, savings, credit card, auto and real estate loans, and a digital banking platform.
Client wanted to leverage Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to improve back-office efficiency, avoid scaling up labor, and manage large, expected increases in workload. Client lacked the in-house experience to identify and prioritize automation candidate processes and develop the automation code in their tool of choice, UiPath. Client needed to understand if RPA could return a positive ROI and if so, wanted to have a strategic approach for ongoing automation development, deployment, and monitoring.
Key Service Areas:
- Robotic Process Automation
- Requirements definition and documentation
- Microsoft Windows
- Citrix Gateway, XenApps, and XenDesktop
- Hosted workshops with client stakeholders and SMEs to inventory and assess target business processes for automation suitability, and prepare a PoC plan for automating the highest priority items
- Automated 4 highly prioritized processes and deployed to UiPath Cloud Orchestrator
- Assessed the PoC results and tool effectiveness and provided a strategic approach for implementing RPA
- Identified 4 candidate processes that were particularly suitable for automation through workshops
- Automated and deployed 4 processes for evaluation and demonstration
- Reduced time to complete processes in scope from 50%-80%, through RPA solution
- Delivered detailed document analyzing cost/benefit and approach for additional automation