Credit Unions: M&A System Integration Testing
A $4 billion full-service not-for-profit financial institution that provides Select Employer Group (SEG) and community banking to over 260,000 members in the United States and Puerto Rico.
Client acquired another Credit Union and needed to align mission critical systems with the parent Credit Union. Extensive testing was required to ensure that all functions were working for existing members and new members being onboarded into the new system. It was pertinent that all existing Credit Union systems continue to work with the newly acquired Credit Union and that all existing data flows and processes were being accounted for. A primary challenge associated with the merger involved ingesting the merger data into the parent credit union’s systems. At the same time, project team had to ensure that the right resources were available and committed to working on the project.
Key Service Areas:
- Test management including estimation & strategy
- Test coordination & execution
- Production deployment & support
- Technologies utilized to successfully deliver this project included Workfront and Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Collaborated with 23 operational teams to design a strategy for the verification and validation of key components associated with the project
- Utilized proven Test Management and Planning techniques to aid in the development of a solution that encompassed critical paths within the following systems:
- Ensured seamless experience for existing and new members leading to a transparent onboarding process
- Managed the ability for the Credit Union to handle the increased call volume, which led to personalized banking experiences
- Provided the Credit Union’s members with the top of the line suite of banking products, which led to a coherent user experience
- Absorbed the new Credit Union’s branches into the parent Credit Union’s portfolio