Credit Unions: Change Management
A $4 billion full-service not-for-profit financial institution that provides Select Employer Group (SEG) and community banking to over 260,000 members in the United States and Puerto Rico.
The client did not have a metrics reporting system in place to show all identified software defects and risk metrics for submitted Change Requests. This resulted in defects reaching the production environment after Change Requests were approved. They were also lacking controls to ensure accountability in resolving the defects. The client was using 38 different Change Request templates and users were unsure which template to use.
Key Service Areas:
- MS Azure DevOps (ADO)
- Power BI
- MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Power Query
- Power Automate
- SQL Data Warehouse
- Obtained, reviewed and evaluated client artifacts
- Consolidated all 38 Change Request templates into a single template for all users
- Created Metrics Reporting dashboard in Power BI to analyze and review data
- Provided prioritized recommendations and implementation roadmap in ADO
- Provided maintenance releases into Disaster Recovery environment, once a change is implemented and out of warranty period
- Reduced processing time of Change Requests by 16 days, from 31 to 15.
- Increased number of approved Change Requests by 250%, compared to prior rate, with no negative impact to quality measure (92%)
- Improved business unit ease of use for all changes in production